Monday, April 29, 2013

Playing it Safe: The Neighborhood


Oh hello dear friends and happy Monday. Well it took 2 hours, but Liam is finally down for a nap. He is a stubborn fellow, which I blame completely on Clint. I, on the other hand, am so not stubborn that I fought with a 1-year-old for two hours over a nap. Hmmm.

Anyways, I am happy to bring you a post all about playing safe in the neighborhood. Now, my little critter doesn't really play out and about in the hood yet, but he will some day. This post, however, comes straight to you from the words of my well-informed neighbors and several trusted websites about stranger danger and such. Man I am so glad to have such good neighbors!

We all want our neighborhood to be a safe neighborhood. We want to protect our homes, cars, and most of all our families. But keeping your kids safe in the neighborhood may require some proactive parenting and supervising. And let’s face it; keeping kids safe is always a proactive job!...Read more...




2 comments:

  1. Last year they took all the speed bumps out of my neighborhood - folks loved it, but I didn't. Drivers took to driving on the wrong side of the street and never slowing on corners. So last month they put the speed bumps back, and everyone began to complain again. Then one day we were driving up the road when a little kid came darting out in front of us. OMG says the driver - if I hadn't had to slow down for that last speed bump I would have hit that little guy!
    We can watch our kids, teach our kids, remind them about the dangers of darting into the street - but kids are kids - sometimes having fun makes them forget. That's when it's up to us big people to do what we can to keep them safe - and, for me anyway - those speed bumps do!
    I love my speed bumps!
    Great blog!
    We all need reminders from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it! I want them to put speed bums in front of our house so bad. At least a stop sign! People drive by waaaay too fast!

      Delete

Leave a comment!