Friday, April 26, 2013

4 on Friday: Blog Crush Style!

Can we just talk about my school-girl crush on the inter-web. I mean, not to sound all 1995 or anything, but the internet is seriously a huge source of creative yummyness. Don't get me wrong, I love me some old fashioned print magazines and interior design books, but there is something completely magical about seeing the creations of other creators all over the world-and in relatively real-time! You guy...there are so many talented people out there...and think about it-20 years ago it would have been nearly impossible to see all their creations and wonder! Heck, just 10 years ago I thought I was the only one trying to upstage my teachers with hand-made pop-up book reports and miniature 100-lb replicas of a Korean house and garden. Turns out there were other 6 graders making 3D Caterpillar posters and dressing up like cowgirls for class presentations! And now they are out there blogging and inspiring me! Oh I am really quite in love with the blogging community and their visual grandeur. And on this lovely Friday morning I want to share with you a few bloggers who I just love to pin the crap out of their blogs. And while I'm talking about it ;) ... you can follow me on Pinterest HERE! (and I'll keep sharing the good stuff)!

So...the all-star bloggers...

Emily won HGTV Design Star a couple seasons ago and the interior design inspiration is literally through the roof with this gal. I also met her in person and she is as lovely as the spaces she creates!



Kelly is seriously inspired and absolutely a doll. I check in on her blog daily to see not only her brilliant creations, but the latest DIY trends. And I never met a gal as dedicated to the blogging community as Kelly!



This may be one of the greatest blogs of all time! (a little too dramatic?) Well it's one of my favorites because Bri's slogan says it all: Design Love Fest is "where type and images totally make out". And they do. Hard core.



What I adore about A Subtle Revelry is the accessibility of Victoria's crafts (did you know a craft could be accessible? It can.) The crafts are simple and witty and almost anyone can recreate them. Which I love!



Don't forget to check out more stuff from these ladies HERE!
Happy Friday!




4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Alix! You are just the sweetest!! Thank you so much for including me, I'm so glad you like popping over into my crazy corner of blog land! ;) Obviously, the feeling is mutual! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for always being so inspirational Kelly! :)

      Delete
  2. I remember that village! It was beautiful! I hated to see it dismantled, which brings me to the obvious question - do you have a room set aside to display all your simply fab crafts? Now that would make an awesome post, eh?
    Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just brainstorming my craft office...maybe I will have to make space for finished crafts to display :)

      Delete

Leave a comment!